Camps are officially underway this week!! Please continue to pray over the kids and our volunteers. And continue to share your camp’s pictures and stories with us on social media by tagging @RFKids and using #rfkids.
Here’s a quick snapshot of how things are going at our camp in Omaha:
Dear Praying Friends,
We had another great day at camp today. After a cool, breezy morning the sun came out for swim time at the lake!
We had a very fun talent show with the kids tonight. Each cabin group came up and performed a song, skit, or other talent.
Everyone cheered loudly for each act.
Here are some fun quotes and stories from today.
– in the camper workbook there was a question “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Camper D. looked over and asked “How do you spell camp counselor?”
– one of the girls turned to her camp counselor at lunch today and said “Can we stay here until we are 68 years old?”
– Camper A. was at the fishing dock holding her pole and standing very still watching the bobber for a long time. This really impressed her camp counselor because she can be pretty fidgety. Suddenly she caught a fish. Then she smiled and said “God was just telling me to be patient and so I just waited”
We are thankful for:
– girl camper M who has had two very good days even though she was coming out of a very difficult time in her life recently.
– a great team of volunteers who is really connecting well with the kids
– good health and safety for all of the campers
– kids that are asking questions about the Bible stories and wanting to grow in their knowledge of the Lord
Please pray for:
– boy Camper C. who has had a few anger and crying episodes each day…that he would know the peace that Jesus offers
– girl Camper S. who is withdrawn, we know she has suffered several losses in recent months
– for boy Camper M. who said he doesn’t believe in God, but is starting to ask more spiritual questions
– a few staff that have been sick and feeling weak
Below…Story Teller Amy is sharing the Bible account of Esther and also stories of Daniel, both of which fit in our Royal Kingdom Theme.
And…Dallas is helping a camper in woodworking. The kids are building basketball hoop table games.
And…we are preparing special gift bags for “Everybody’s Birthday” tomorrow.
We’re excited to see how God moves in the lives of our campers and counselors this week!