In the state of Michigan there are approximately 3,609 children, ages 6-12 in the foster care system. Royal Family KIDS currently has nine camps in Michigan serving these children. The average camp serves 45-50 children each summer. We have wonderful volunteers who have dedicated thousands of hours to reach America’s orphaned and abandoned children. In order for us to reach all the kids available to enroll in our program, we need to launch 63 more camps in this state!
You can make a enormous difference in the lives of these children by supporting one of these camps below, planting a camp in your area, or by sponsoring a new camp If you have any questions, please contact us!
Current Program Locations:
- Marine City: Camp #227 — Harvest Time Christian Church Director: Mary Krause, 205 S Main St. Marine City MI 48039
- Midland: Camp #032 — Christian Celebration Center Directors: Jon & Tammy Nelson, 6100 Swede Ave. Midland MI 48642
- Midland: Camp #069 — Christian Celebration Center Directors: Don and Michelle Krogstad, 6100 Swede Ave. Midland MI 48642
- Northville: Camp #137 — Northville Christian Assembly Directors: Mike & Bethann Parker, 41355 6 Mile Rd. Northville MI 48168
- Northville: Camp #161 — Detroit First Church of the Nazarene, Joe & Peggy Sanchez, 21260 Haggerty Rd. Northville MI 48167
- Novi: Camp #038 — Brightmoor Christian Church, Director: Curtis and Amy Jones, 40800 W 13 Mile Rd. Novi, MI 48377
- Plainwell: Camp #282 — North Point Church Director: Shannon Goodwin, PO Box 98 Plainwell, MI 49080
- Plymouth: Camp #286 — Northridge Church Director: Lynn Jarret, 49555 N Territorial Rd. Plymouth, MI 48170
- Saginaw: Camp #295 — Crosspoint Chapel Directors: Patrick & Lisa Steffen, 3111 Barnard Rd. Saginaw, MI 48603
We need friends and family to help us out. On Tuesday, June 17th every Chili’s Restaurant in the Metro Detroit area from 11am – 10pm will be giving 10% of the the proceeds (of all who show the flyer advertisement of the event) to Royal Family KIDS camp – there are 17 locations! During the dinner hours Fairytale Entertainment will be donating an hour of time at 11 of the locations for the family fun night.
I am sure you are asking how you can get in on this incredible opportunity.
1. You can sign up for the Chili Email Club to get the flyer that will need to be presented that day to say “Hey, I believe in Royal Family KIDS. I want to help support this organization so that children in foster care have an opportunity to go to camp and create positive memories!”http://www.chilisemailclub.com
2. If you prefer to not sign up for the email list to get coupons and notifications about events like this, we will be emailing the flyer. Please print it and pass it along to those you know that can help support the event. We will also have the flyer at church before the event for you to take for yourself and to pass out.
3. Mark your calendars and Represent Royal Family KIDS at one of the locations. If you are home during the day, put on your shirt and go grab a bite to eat. You can hand out RFKIDS informational brochures, share a SOTO (Story OF The One) and be available to answer questions. We are not allowed to hand out the Chili flyer at the locations, but we can hand it out in the community. Remember that if you are wearing a Royal Family shirt you may be the first impression that someone may get of what Royal Family KIDS is all about. An effective way to gain peoples interest is to give a brief history of what Royal Family is about, share a SOTO and close with ways to support creating positive memories for children of abuse in foster care. Keep it simple and to the point with a smile :0)
4. Share this event on FB and other social media sites you may be on.
5. It is simple, we raise awareness of the event and Chili’s and Fairytale will raise support and awareness for Royal Family KIDS.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Heather Grasl at: firstname.lastname@example.org