Michigan has some of the most dedicated volunteers any organization could ask for – and thankfully, they’re part of Royal Family KIDS! Michigan has one of the largest populations of children available to attend our free programs, and if we were to serve all foster kids in our demographic, we would need approximately 145 camps.
You can help us reach this goal by supporting one of the local camps below, signing up to plant a new camp, or contacting us to sponsor the entire state. You can make a huge difference for children of abuse and neglect, and we will stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you during this battle!
Current Program Locations:
- Marine City: Camp #227 — Harvest Time Christian Church
- Midland: Camp #032 — Christian Celebration Center
- Midland: Camp #069 — Christian Celebration Center
- Northville: Camp #137 — Northville Christian Assembly
- Northville: Camp #161 — Detroit First Church of the Nazarene
- Novi: Camp #038 — Brightmoor Christian Church
- Plainwell: Camp #282 — North Point Church
- Plymouth: Camp #286 — Northridge Church
- Saginaw: Camp #295 — Crosspoint Chapel
We need friends and family to help us out. On Tuesday, June 17th every Chili’s Restaurant in the Metro Detroit area from 11am – 10pm will be giving 10% of the the proceeds (of all who show the flyer advertisement of the event) to Royal Family KIDS camp – there are 17 locations! During the dinner hours Fairytale Entertainment will be donating an hour of time at 11 of the locations for the family fun night.
I am sure you are asking how you can get in on this incredible opportunity.
1. You can sign up for the Chili Email Club to get the flyer that will need to be presented that day to say “Hey, I believe in Royal Family KIDS. I want to help support this organization so that children in foster care have an opportunity to go to camp and create positive memories!”http://www.chilisemailclub.com
2. If you prefer to not sign up for the email list to get coupons and notifications about events like this, we will be emailing the flyer. Please print it and pass it along to those you know that can help support the event. We will also have the flyer at church before the event for you to take for yourself and to pass out.
3. Mark your calendars and Represent Royal Family KIDS at one of the locations. If you are home during the day, put on your shirt and go grab a bite to eat. You can hand out RFKIDS informational brochures, share a SOTO (Story OF The One) and be available to answer questions. We are not allowed to hand out the Chili flyer at the locations, but we can hand it out in the community. Remember that if you are wearing a Royal Family shirt you may be the first impression that someone may get of what Royal Family KIDS is all about. An effective way to gain peoples interest is to give a brief history of what Royal Family is about, share a SOTO and close with ways to support creating positive memories for children of abuse in foster care. Keep it simple and to the point with a smile :0)
4. Share this event on FB and other social media sites you may be on.
5. It is simple, we raise awareness of the event and Chili’s and Fairytale will raise support and awareness for Royal Family KIDS.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Heather Grasl at: email@example.com